Here are Alicia's questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
I had a few things I wanted to say. Eight years later, I'm not quite finished.
- Which would you rather have: Smartwatch, 3D Printer, or Google Glass?
Definitely a 3D printer. Now, when I get an idea for a new, improved household tool, I can prototype it overnight. (And I've heard you can manufacture things in chocolate).
- What is your favorite room in your house and why?
The stairwell. Without it, I'd have to go outside and use the garden steps just to get from my office to the kitchen.
- What is your favorite piece of clothing?
I have a pashmina shawl that I bought (on sale at Costco!) at a friend's suggestion. It can be folded into a small bundle at the bottom of a big purse, and is exactly the right thing to have on hand when the airplane or restaurant is freezing.
- What is your favorite book?
There have been so many great books in my life, I couldn't even begin to pick one.
- What is your current motto and why?
"Do the math." Because relying on assumptions and impressions (worse yet, someone else's assumptions and impressions) can lead us down the wrong path. Analyze the facts and consider the consequences.
- What is your dream job?
I would absolutely love to get paid for traveling and blogging about it.
- What's one thing you can't live without?
Air. Followed closely by chocolate.
- Who was the band of your first CD purchase (goin' old school)?
If you really want to go old school, think vinyl. I can't remember the first album I bought, but it was undoubtedly some band that was very popular when I was in junior high.
- Favorite TV series?
This changes with the seasons. Right now I like The Good Wife and Big Bang Theory.
- What animal do you think you look/act like?
I like long naps, so maybe a cat. I respond to shiny objects, so possibly a crow.
- How long have you been blogging?
- What do you like best about blogging?
- Do you consider it important to post blog articles frequently?
- What kinds of blogs do you like to follow?
- Have you written a book? If not, would you like to?
- What was the last book you read?
- If money were no obstacle, where would you go on your next vacation?
- If you could be famous for something you're not already famous for, what would it be?
- In general, do you think you've learned more from your successes or from your failures?
- Seen any good movies lately?